ACCOUNT MANAGER JOB DESCRIPTION
Director of Member Experience
Base plus Commission
The Greater Saskatoon Chamber of Commerce is currently expanding its sales team. The Chamber is a non‐profit, membership‐driven organization comprised of 1,500 business members. The Greater Saskatoon Chamber of Commerce’s mission is to build and promote a strong community through prosperity in business.
Under minimal supervision, this position is responsible for selling Chamber memberships to prospective non‐member businesses by communicating the benefits of the Chamber. Providing detailed information on various programs offered through the Chamber and orienting the client to the organization. This position reports directly to the Director of Member Experience.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
· Confident and enthusiastic
· Strong organization, time management and multi‐tasking skills
· Detail oriented
· Must have previous sales experience
· Self‐starter with a professional appearance
· Computer proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications, survey tools and database software.
· Ability to prospect/cold‐call new businesses
· Strong verbal and written communications skills
· Can think outside the box to offer new ideas, concepts, solutions, etc.
· Capable of maintaining sensitive/confidential information
· Must be a team player that works well in an adapting environment
· Must have the ability to foster the values of member relations
· Exceptional people skills with an outgoing personality
· Strong presentation skills
· Flexible schedule
· Must have/maintain a dependable vehicle with proof of license and insurance
· Contact, acquire and sell new Chamber memberships
· Schedule appointments and personal visits with prospects
· Close sales during on‐site visits or through follow‐up phone calls/visits and written correspondence
· Achieve budgeted membership and revenue goals
· Actively seeks new businesses and follows up appropriately
· Maintains knowledge of goals, objectives and services provided by the Chamber
· Remains informed of member benefits, Chamber events, etc.
· Actively supports and participates in Chamber events and programs
· Works renewal accounts and targeted major accounts as assigned
· Assists Chamber members in taking full advantage of their membership
· Attends regular sales/staff meetings
· Other duties as assigned by the Director of Member Experience
Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in marketing, general business or related field of study
· Highly motivated with B2B sales experience (minimum 2 years)
· Excellence in relationship building and relationship sales
· Thorough knowledge of the Saskatoon business community and Chamber
· Ability to set and meet goals
· Excellent selling and closing skills
· Strong sales and prioritizing focus
· Excellent follow-up skills
· Excellent networking skills
Accessible; personable; diplomatic; professional; confident; listener; innovative; researcher; analytical; influencer; detail-oriented; assertive; knowledgeable; collaborative; empowered; humility; motivated
Respect; trustworthy; honesty; accountability; transparency; integrity.
ABOUT THE CHAMBER
The Greater Saskatoon Chamber of Commerce has been advocating on behalf of their members since 1903. The Chamber continues to be a powerful and effective advocate for both small and large businesses on key issues while following their mission to build and promote a strong community through prosperity in business.
Applications will be accepted until February 27, 2019.
An attractive compensation package is available for this position that includes Group Benefits.
www.saskatoonchamber.com firstname.lastname@example.org 306.244.2151